Built in 1874 of unplastered adobe with pitched roofs, this second Edward Nye Fish mercantile store in Florence changed hands to become the, Joseph Collingwood & Co. Store and Wells Fargo office in 1877. Collingwood, Florence's first postmaster, had been Tucsonan E. N. Fish's Florence branch manager.
Closely resembling its original appearance, except for the exterior plaster, the building also housed the telegraph office, and in 1898 contained hotel rooms, an office, a saloon, dining room, kitchen and wagon shed. Later used for apartment units until converted into American Legion Post headquarters in 1944.
Listed, National Register of Historic Places.