Edward Nye Fish, prominent Tucson merchant, and his partner/manager Joseph Collingwood, first Florence postmaster, opened Florence's first store in this building in 1868.
Building additions from 1867 to 1888 formed a U-shaped complex, and portions of these buildings are the oldest in Florence. Wood-shingled, and later metal, gabled roofs updated these Sonoran adobe structures. The buildings housed the second Wells Fargo office and the San Carlos Hotel, which operated into the 1920's. Recent modifications serve as residential units.
Listed, National Register of Historic Places