The San Gregorio House was built in 1865 by C.W.T. Carter, and opened in 1866. It is located ten miles south of Half Moon Bay, situated in one of the most beautiful of the coast valleys, being very near the ocean, with a salubrious climate and no summer winds. Travelers from San Francisco came to the San Gregorio House by stage coach. They enjoyed recreational activities such as fishing, hunting, sea bathing, and boat racing. In 1902 it was rebuilt by John R. Evans. It remained a busy hotel well into the twentieth century and is currently a private dwelling.
Plaque dedicated this Saturday the 27th Day of September 2008 (Clamp Year 6013) by the Ancient & Honorable Order of E Clampsus Vitus, Capitulus Redivivus, Yerba Buena Number One.