Historical Marker Series

E Clampus Vitus

Showing results 1 to 10 of 1320
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM1S_cape-mendocino-lighthouse_Whitethorn-CA.html
Lit Dec. 1, 1868, the light from its first order Fresnel lens swept 30 miles to sea. Decommissioned in 1951, the structure slowly began to inch toward the 422' cliff. The light was dismantled in 1998 and moved to Point Delgada, Shelter Cove by the Cape Mend…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM3J_nobles-trail_Shasta-CA.html
On this site, in May 1852, a group of Shasta merchants met with William H. Noble to employ him as a guide over a direct route he had marked as an immigrant trail. This meeting resulted in the establishment of the Noble's Trail. Rededicated April 27, 198…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM41_town-of-trinidad_Trinidad-CA.html
Founded April 8, 1850, Trinidad is the oldest town on the Northern California coast. During the 1850s, it served as a vital supply link between ships anchored at Trinidad Bay and miners in the Klamath, Trinity, Salmon River, and Gold Bluff mines. It was the…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM6R_cherry-creek-school_Ely-NV.html
Built when Cherry Creek was founded in 1872, it is one of the two oldest standing Nevada schoolhouses. In November 1894 a dispute between Pat Green and Pat Dolan over the building's location turned violent with Dolan killing Green in a gunfight. With succes…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM7S_elko-county-high-school_Elko-NV.html
In 1895, Nevada established the County High School Act. Built in 1896, this was the first school building in Nevada to be constructed under this act. The structure served as the Elko County Library from 1917 to 1974, when the county offices located here.
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM9F_sherman-station_Elko-NV.html
Constructed on Sherman Creek in Huntington Valley, 60 miles south of Elko, by rancher Valentine Walther. It took Walther, family and friends seven years to complete and was finished in 1903. The house served as a home, post office, stage stop and community …
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMVQ_site-of-santa-cruz-mission_Santa-Cruz-CA.html
Misi?n La Exaltaci?n de la Santa Cruz, the 12th Franciscan mission, was consecrated by Father Ferm?n Lasuen in August 1791. In 1793 the adobe church was built where the Holy Cross Catholic Church is now located. The mission was damaged by several earthquake…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMVU_felton-covered-bridge_Felton-CA.html
Built in 1892-93 and believed to be the tallest covered bridge in the country, it stood as the only entry to Felton for 45 years. In 1937 it was retired from active service to become a pedestrian bridge and figured prominently in many films of that period. …
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMWA_iron-ivan_Ione-CA.html
Old No. 7 was the last steam locomotive to operate over the Amador Central Railroad between Ione and Martell. The twelve mile long railroad lies entirely within Amador County and is one of the shortest railroads in this country. Iron Ivan is a fine example …
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMWI_old-red-brick-building-saloon_Ione-CA.html
Later the Scully Building Dedicated to the spirits within James W. Marshall Chapter No. 49 E Clampus Vitus April 24, 1974
PAGE 1 OF 132