This building is named after and located on the site of the Petersfield Farm, the original home of Peter Stuyvesant, the last Dutch governor of New York.
The original structure was built in 1906 by Stuyvesant Fish, a descendant of Peter Stuyvesant and son of Hamilton Fish (a former governor of New York, U.S. Senator, and 26th United States Secretary of State).
The Fish Building, as it was then called, was designed by the prominent architectural firm of Robertson & Potter.
In 1987, after many years of use as a manufacturing site, the building was converted into condominium apartments and renamed the Petersfield.
This plaque was installed by the Petersfield Board of Managers, 2014