Amador County, carved from Calaveras and El Dorado, was organized July 3, 1854, at the crossroads of Sutter Hill.
Act of Legislature, May 11, 1854, set June 17, 1854, as election date for people to vote on such a division, and appointed five organization commissioners:W.L. McKimm, Chairman; E.W. Gemmill; A.J. Sneath; A.Boileau; and A. Platt, Secretary.
They transacted business at Tucker's Ranch as follows:
1. Established election precincts;
2. Set July 17, 1854, as election day for county officers and selection of a County Seat;
3. Set July 22, 1854, to canvass votes and proceed to final discharge of their duties.