1913 - 1917The first major expansion of facilities at Fort Bliss occurred between 1913 and 1917 when the post's focus shifted from infantry to cavalry. This shift coincided with a build-up of forces and facilities to support a full cavalry regiment to protect border region during the Mexican Revolution (1910-1920). In 1916, Fort Bliss became the major staging area and supply base for General Pershing's Punitive Expedition into Mexico in pursuit of the revolutionary leader Francisco "Pancho" Villa.
|Placed By||Fort Bliss|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, May 6th, 2017 at 9:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||13R E 364086 N 3520319|
|Decimal Degrees||31.81041667, -106.43590000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 31° 48.625', W 106° 26.154'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||31° 48' 37.5" N, 106° 26' 9.24" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling North|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 113 Pershing Rd, Fort Bliss TX 79906, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.