July 19, 1864. Logan's troops, in "light fighting order" left camp at Henderson's mill (0.8 mile N.E.), at 5 A.M. & marched to Decatur. They were joined at this point by Blair's corps which had camped at Blake's Mill, 2 miles west.
Both corps, Logan leading, marched S.&W. by rds. now designated Henderson Mill, LaVista, Montreal, and Lawrenceville.
These troops, together with Garrard's cavalry, formed the left wing of Sherman's (US) advance to Atlanta. On this date, the right wing (14th A.C.), was at Moore's Mill, Peachtree Creek, 10 miles south-west of this point.