Bricks visible in the facade of this structure were left over from construction of the first Collingsworth County Courthouse in 1893. Contractor, J.A. White built the courthouse of locally-made bricks and then, with the extra materials, erected this store, the first brick commercial building in Wellington. He sold it in 1897 to E.T. O'Neil(1857-99), who ran a general store here. The space was later rented by a meat market, music store, drugstore, and several cafes. The courthouse was razed in 1931, but the old bricks survive in this structure, sold by O'Neil's heirs in 1965 to Cecil Browning.