This building was constructed in 1927 to serve the town's approximately 100 white students from grades one through twelve. Prior to its construction, students were transported by boat to attend schools along the Loxahatchee River including the 1891 Octagon School, the 1895 West Jupiter School at Sawfish Bay and the 1911 Jupiter School on Town Hall Avenue. African-American students attended a separate two-room schoolhouse in Limestone Creek through eighth grade until 1961, when Iris Hunter became the first black student at Jupiter School. Following the 1928 hurricane, both black and white area residents sought shelter in the school until they could safely return to their homes. Costing $150,000, the new school had modern amenities including a library, science lab and an auditorium complete with a stage for the arts. The building, whose architect was William Manley King, is an excellent example of Mediterranean Revival architecture, displaying many elements of the style, including a low-pitched tile roof, stucco finish, arches and a Venetian Gothic arcade on twisted columns. The Jupiter School served as the town's primary educational facility until 1965, when the new Jupiter High School opened on Toney Penna Drive.