←—→North Georgia`s oldest road, which crosses the Highway U.S. 378 at this point, was originally an Indian Trail which led to their Trading Post in Augusta , Georgia.Later, this important trade route was used by pioneer white settlers in transporting cotton and tobacco from Petersburg, Georgia, on the Broad River to Augusta, Georgia. The present highway to Augusta traverses the original Petersburg Road at several points.
|Series||This marker is part of the Georgia: Georgia Historical Society/Commission series|
|Placed By||Georgia Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 18th, 2014 at 9:24am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 364847 N 3741759|
|Decimal Degrees||33.80740000, -82.46016667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 48.444', W 82° 27.61'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 48' 26.64" N, 82° 27' 36.60" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1018-1108 New Petersburg Rd, Lincolnton GA 30817, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.