which means "The Beautiful" was named by apostle W. Taylor in honor of a town in Palestine. It was originally known as Sand Creek and embraces a tract of country lying east of Eagle Rock (now Idaho Falls). The first settlement was made in 1883 by the following pioneers from Utah: Joseph S. Mulliner, Rufus Norton, Cadwaladar Owens, and son C.J. Owens, George P. Ward, W.C. Olson and brother Ole Olsen, H. Dahlstrom, J.C. Reynolds, Joseph Longhurst and brother George, W.J. Rushton, James E. Steele and brother George, H.L. Hansen and John Norton.