This cabin, one of the first built on the Nine Mile Creek in Marsh Valley, was erected by William Jackson and Cyrus Coffin before 1866. Later it was purchased by Abigail Coffin who with her sons, Nathan, Cyrus, and William were among the first settlers. Others followed, they took up land and built homes, using the cabin for the first school and store. A branch of the L.D.S. Church was created and in 1891 Cambridge Ward, about 2 1/2 miles north of Downey was organized with William A. Coffin, Bishop.