This church was first organized September 29, 1894 by Rev. A.L. Dutch, Deacon Arthur Bell, and the entire membership of Shialo Baptist Church from Stage Pond, Florida. Over the last 116 years, this congregation has been led by 16 different reverends, with the most recent term of Rev. Leroy Ed Jones from 1994 to the beginning of 2010. The present sanctuary was erected under the leadership of Rev. L.T. Thompson who served for 25 years between 1913-1938. Greater was added to the church name on September 3, 1938. On September 29, 1996, the church celebrated their 102nd anniversary (1894-1996). The church was in process of celebrating its 116th anniversary at the time of the plaque presentation.