The Horseshoe Baptist Church was built first in 1790 on land formerly owned by Abraham Frye. In 1810 a brick church replaced the original log structure, and for seventy years the member worshipped here. In 1880 that church was torn down and members joined Monongahela Baptists. The cemetery which adjoined the church has been preserved in its original form. A Revolutionary War soldier, Captain George Grant, his wife Mary Worth, their families, Rabe, Colvin, Frye, Carson, Fisher, and many others whose stones have been destroyed are buried here.