Historical Marker — Tags

Showing historical markers tagged with 20th Century

Ascending
Showing results 1 to 10 of 2237
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HM10G_h-irvine-keyser_Baltimore-MD.html
This site and these buildings were presented to the Maryland Historical Society as a memorial to my husband H. Irvine Keyser of Baltimore. Obit May 7, 1916. A member of the Society 1873 to 1916.
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMDJG_former-site-of-berlin-school_Delaware-OH.html
Berlin School stood on this site from 1915 to 1975. The first graduating class was in 1916, with the first graduate being Mildred Schanck. The last graduating class was in 1953 with 14 members. Over these 38 years, 472 students graduated from Berl…
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMN0X_david-dunbar-buick_Arbroath-Scotland.html
American motoring pioneer & founder of the Buick motor company of America.David Dunbar Buick was born at No. 26 Green Street, Arbroath, which lay approx 90 metres north of this, the only remaining building to show the line of the original street.
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMB88_you-had-to-wear-a-tie_Washington-DC.html
You are standing on Washington's historic Black Broadway-the heart of African American life in Washington, D.C. from about 1900 to the 1950s. Duke Ellington, its most famous native son, grew up, was inspired, trained, and played his first music he…
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMC3C_marist-place_Savannah-GA.html
Site of Marist School for Boys1919 - 1939 —— Grammer School Operated by Marist Brothers of the Schools —— Last Graduating Class June 9, 1939 Rev. Bro. Eugene Bergeron, F.M.S. Teacher Rev. Bro, Nicdoias Whiteside, F.M.S. Pri…
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMJVJ_grassy-memorial-chapel-and-cemetery_Anderson-AL.html
Established in 1894 as New Salem Presbyterian Church. Originally afflicted with the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, the first recorded meeting was held 1897, William White, Pastor.The Church became affiliated with Presbyterian U.S.A. in 1907. In 1…
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMIZM_busenbark-dr-charles-f-richter_Trenton-OH.html
Side A: BusenbarkIn 1833, Robert Busenbark deeded land to the directors of School District No. 6 for Busenbark School. Twenty years later, Robert and son David granted a right-of-way on their property for a station on the Cincinnati, Hamilton & Da…
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMQM_fort-howard_Edgemere-MD.html
Fort Howard had its beginning when the U. S. Government began to purchase land for the post in 1896. Its location at the mouth of the Patapsco River, was excellent for its purpose, the defense of the City of Baltimore from naval attack. Until Apri…
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMI38_duleek-1916-1981-hunger-strike-monument_St-Matthews-Meath.html
The Memorial Gardenis named afterVol. Joe Coombes, Platin Road.Vol. Noel Gallagher, Mountfield, Co. TyroneVol. Harry McCormick, Prioryland, Duleekand is in memory ofall those who dedicated their livesto and for the cause of Irish freedom.This monu…
historicalmarkerproject/markers/HMKYD_first-baptist-church_Farmville-VA.html
The First Baptist Church was organized in 1866 as an outgrowth of the predominantly white Farmville Baptist Church. In 1949, following the death of the Rev. C. H. Griffin, the Church voted unanimously to call his son, L. Francis Griffin, as pastor…
PAGE 1 OF 224