Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West
Showing results 1 to 10 of 580
Scene of a battle between U.S. soldiers under command of Captain Lyons and Indians under Chief Augustine, April 14th, 1850.
Dedicated as an historical monument by the Native Sons of the Golden West
May 20th, 1942
Building erected in 1855 by James Loag, pioneer, following fire of 1853 which destroyed town. Building refitted and became court house for Shasta County, January 1862. In May of 1888 county seat moved to Redding. Building purchased 1922 by McCloud Parlor No…
This home, also known as the "Pink Lady," is a classic Queen Anne/Eastlake Victorian residence designed by the prestigious architectural firm of Newsom Brothers of San Francisco. It was completed in 1889 for William Carson, a pioneer lumber baron of Norther…
Dedicated to the memory of my parentsJoseph H. & Annie F. Clarkeand other pioneers of Northwestern Californiaby Cecile Clarke
Dedicated August 21, 1960 by the Native Sons of the Golden West
Organized March 1874 Dedicated October 1882 Presented by Native Daughters of the Golden West San Juan Parol #315 Rededicated 5-15-98
Owned and operated from 1857 as a stage station by Henry F. W. Deterding. This was the site of the second remount station of the Central Overland Pony Express during March-July 1860. Here on April 4, 1860, Sam (Bill) Hamilton with the first eastward mail of…
Historic town founded by Charles C. Martin, who came around Horn in 1847, and his wife, Hannah Carver Martin, who crossed the Isthmus. First homesteaded area in 1851 and operated toll-gate and station for stage coaches crossing mountains. Later Martin devel…
Originally built as the three story commercial hotel in 1864, razed by fire and re-built as a one story building in 1930. Remodeled in 1966 by the City of Ione as its City Hall.
Mayor David S. Mason III Councilmen Jack Gasawawy · Dale O. Herfel …
This building, built in the year of 1854, was originally a hardware store on the ground floor and a dance hall on the upper floor.
Ione Parlor No. 33, N.S.G.W. bought the building in the year 1884 and has continuously owned it and met here ever since.
General merchandise store built by Daniel Stewart in 1856. First brick building erected in Ione Valley from nearby Muletown Brick Ione. Once known as "Bed-Bug" and "Freeze-Out' was an important supply center on the main road to the Mother Lode and southern …