Pony Express National Historic Trail
Page 9 of 15 — Showing results 81 to 90 of 150
[Pony Express medallion on the top]0.8 miles to southwardErected to the intrepid riders and operators 1962 by Keith Co.
[Map of the Pony Express route]From April 1860 until October 1861 the famed Pony Express riders passed along the south side of the Plate River south of Big Springs. Diamond Springs station was to the southeast. Frontz and Julesburg stations were to the sout…
[Pony Express medallion on top]1860-61South Platte Station1.5 mi. directly southErected to the intrepid riders and operators 1932 by Deuel Co.
Two small rooms at the southwest end of the station were originally one large room and shared a common wood floor. The wall which now separates the two rooms was built on top of the floor some time later. The center room was probably used for battery storag…
This building, constructed in 1857 by G.H. Hollenberg on his ranch here on the Oregon Trail, was a station on the Pony Express route in 1860-1861. It is believed to be the only such station which has remained unaltered on its original site.
Gold Rush town and Western Terminus of the Placerville - Carson Road to the Comstock. Placerville was a relay station of the Central Overland Pony Express, April 4, 1860 - June 30, 1861. Here on April 4, 1860 the first east-bound pony rider, William (Sam) H…
This was the site of a change station of the Pioneer Stage Company in the 1850's and 1860's. During 1860-1861, the Central Overland Pony Express maintained here the first pony remount station east of Sportsman's Hall.
The first Pony Express rider to reach San Francisco on the final relay carrying mail from St. Joseph, Missouri to California, arrived in this city Apr. 14, 1860 aboard the River Str. ?Antelope'. Led by a band and several engine companies, a concourse of cit…
Samuel S. Buckland was a true pioneer. He settled here in 1859, began a ranching operation, established a station for the Overland Stage Company, and operated a tent hotel. He also constructed the first bridge across the Carson River downstream from Genoa.
To the memory of the riders of thePony Express, 1860-1861First relay station out of Sutter's Fort.Dedicated April 19, 1936by the Native Sons and Daughtersof the Golden West.