Historical Marker Series

Sons of the American Revolution

Page 17 of 19 — Showing results 161 to 170 of 187
General George Washington andhis soldiers paused to drinkwater from a nearby springafter the Battle of Princeton onJanuary 3rd 1777. NJ Society Sons of the RevolutionAugust 2002
This monument was erected by the Wyoming Valley Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution assisted by the Sons of the Revolution to mark the spot where Fort Wilkes-Barre stood in 1778 at the time of the Wyoming Massacre.The fort was named in honor…
(Side One)Pulaski and Pulaski Township in Williams County are named for Casimir Pulaski, a Polish cavalry officer who died to win America's independence from Great Britain during the Revolutionary War. Charged with attempting to kidnap the king of Poland, P…
Commemoration ofOld Redwood Road from Redwood Canyon1859 - 1867 Peralta Adobe Chapel incorporatedIn the home of George and Mary Coonan McCrea Oakland ChapterSons of the American Revolution7 October 1976
In July 1899, Congregational minister Solomon Greasley Merrick (1859-1911) and his wife Althea (1859-1937) purchased sight unseen the surrounding 160 acres for $1,100. Several months later, Merrick and his son George (1886-1942) came from Massachusetts to p…
In circa 1740, James Oglethorpe established a watch house west of here on the bank of the Frederica River. In 1745, Edward Kimber described this site as a place "from whence they can see Vessels a great Way to the Northward" and it served as a lookout for F…
The subject of these two markers is the burial of General Richard Montgomery and a number of soldiers from his army. The remains of the thirteen soldiers of General Montgomery's Army killed in the assault of Quebec December 31, 1775 originall…
In Honor of Elbridge Gerry The only signer of the Declaration of Independence Interred in the District of Columbia ***1988*** Erected by the District of Columbia Society Sons of the American Revolution
The collapse of the Teton River Dam on June 5, 1976 unloosed a savage flood which caused $500,000,000 in damage, took eleven lives, and made thousands homeless in Wilford, Sugar City, Rexburg, Salem, Hibbard, Firth, Blackfoot, and Roberts. But this tragedy…
Dedicated to Lt. George H. Derby U.S.A 1823 — 1861 Humorist, Engineer, and Builder of the first dike to safeguard San Diego Bay as a navigable harbor. San Diego Chapter D.A.R. San Diego Chapter S.A.R. Nov. 3, 1962