Historical Marker Series

South Carolina: Calhoun County Historical Commission/Society

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMGPZ_miller-cemetery_St-Matthews-SC.html
This cemetery was the burial siteof the Miller family from the early1800s. The remaining stones erectedin 1836, are to John Miller (1750-1854),soldier of the revolution; his wife,Margaret Ott Miller; and their son,John Miller Jr. Their genealogicalconnectio…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMHB6_calhoun-county_St-Matthews-SC.html
First settled in 1704, this region by 1733 included Amelia and lower Saxe Gotha townships. In 1765 much of it was made part of the new St. Matthew's Parish and was so named until 1865. Efforts in 1890 and 1896 led to an act signed on Feb. 14, 1908 forming a…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMHEM_shady-grove-church_Cameron-SC.html
Shady Grove Methodist Church was an outgrowth of Tabernacle Church, the parent Methodist body of this area. It was built in the early 1800s on land of Adam Holman, has a framework of hewn logs held together with wooden pegs, and has been remodeled three tim…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HMI3P_mt-lebanon-cemetery_Cameron-SC.html
This is the original site of Mt. Lebanon Lutheran Church, organized January 13, 1844, as an extension of the St. Matthew's Church, Creston. Later, Mt. Lebanon Church moved to Cameron about 2 miles NW, dedicated its new building in 1917, and was renamed the …
PAGE 1 OF 1