Historical Marker Series

South Carolina: McCormick County Historical Society

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM5ZL_guillebeau-home-and-family-cemetery_Mt-Carmel-SC.html
[Front]:One half mile west is the pioneer home of Andre Guillebeau, a member of the original Huguenot group which settled New Bordeaux in 1764, having fled from the persecution in France under the leadership of the Reverend Jean Louis Gibert. The house is c…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM60F_john-de-la-howe-john-de-la-howe-school_McCormick-SC.html
John De La HoweDr. John De La Howe, a French physician, came to South Carolina in 1764 and settled in the New Bordeaux community by the 1760s. His will left most of his estate, including Lethe Plantation, to the Agricultural Society of South Carolina to est…
www.historicalmarkerproject.com/markers/HM611_bethany-church_McCormick-SC.html
The first Bethany Meeting House was erected by 1809 on the old Edgefield-Abbeville Stagecoach Road midway between Hard Labor and Cuffey Town Creeks. Bethany Baptist Church was constituted in December 1809, with Amos Dubose as pastor. The present church is s…
PAGE 1 OF 1