Santa Fe Trail
Showing results 1 to 10 of 152
D.A.R. Marker is near the site of the Baden Post Officewhich had intermittent existencebetween 1883 and 1891.Simmons Point,a stagecoach relay station,was 2 ½ miles east on the Old Trail.
Santa Fe Trail followed high landto the SW of this marker.Two miles south of here the Marion TownCompany laid out the Town of Marionin honor of Gen. Francis Marion, "TheSwamp Fox" of Revolutionary War fame.Town well, Blacksmith Shop, two storesand later a c…
(Main marker):South of this park are 18 acres of virgin prairie. Purchased 1967 by Douglas County from Russell Hays for a permanent prairie preserve and historic site. Evidence of Santa Fe Trail plainly visible. Original site of D.A.R, marker was near pione…
This marks the route of the Santa Fe Trail from Kansas City to Santa Fe 1822 - 1880
Here, and for the next 300 miles west, Highway 56 roughly follows the old Santa Fe Trail, and frequently crosses it. White settlement began in this area in 1854, the year Kansas became a territory, and in 1855 the town of Palmyra was founded. When Baker Uni…
This marks the route of the Santa Fe Trail from Kansas City to Santa Fe 1822 - 1880.
This Angling Road is the Original Santa Fe Trail.Park Area Donated by I. and J. Stickle to Baker University in 1907.
D.A.R. Monument Commemorates the Dispersal of Free-State and Pro-Slavery Forces after the Battle of Black Jack.
Original Bronze Plaque…
For over three decades starting in 1827, Elm Grove Campground, one mile east of near the bridge on Cedar Creek, was an important frontier camp site. Thousands of Santa Fe traders, Oregon and California emigrants, missionaries, mountain men, soldiers and '49…
"These is a romance about the stage coach that will never die. Its jolly driver with his six-in-hand, the merry passenger with his jokes ans stories, and the stations along the road where we used to stretch our tired limbs will long linger like a pleasant d…
Both the Santa Fe and Oregon Trails crossed here, northeast to southwest, beginning 1821. The trails took separate courses farther west. A route through Kansas Territory was opened north of here in the 1830's after the founding of Westport, Mo. Long after t…