1749 - 250th Anniversary - 1999
In essentials unity, in non-essentials liberty, in all things love.
The Warwick Gemeinhaus was consecrated February 9, 1749. This date serves as the founding date for the Warwick Congregation, which on August 20, 1755, became the country congregation and Bruder-Gemein of Lititz. It was named by Count Zinzendorf in honor of the little village near the Castle of Litiz in Bohemia, where the early followers of John Hus found refuge in the year 1456. Brethren John de Watteville, Augustus Spangenberg (Bro. Joseph), and Nathaniel Seidel were present at the service of consecration.