These buildings were once
part of the notable
block - long structure,
Erected in 1833 by
Charles F. Zimpel, Architect
A glass-roofed arcade extended
from Natchez to Gravier Streets,
The upper stories of this corner building
contained John Hewlett's restaurant.
On October 13, 1835, a committee of
New Orleans friends of Texas met in
Bank's Arcade to plan operations to aid
the Texas revolution. These buildings
restored in 1941 by J. Aron & Co., Inc.
Emilio Levy, Architect
Restored again in 1999
By St. James Hotel, L.L.C.
Milton J. Womack, Inc. Contractors