For the first twenty years, the Silver Leaf Club, also known as the Rubonia Women's Club, met in member's homes. In time, the Club grew and began a search for an affordable larger building. Following World War II, Mead Smith of Palm View purchased a number of buildings from McDill Air Force Base in Tampa, through the War Assets Administration, established March 25, 1946. This program ended on June 30, 1949.
Smith and his wife, Mildred J. Smith, deeded an old barracks building to the Silver Leaf Women's Club of Rubonia on April 26, 1962. Bertha Lee Joyner, Alice Livingston and Marie Douglas signed the deed as trustees for the Club. The full purchase price was $9,495. The Club paid down $95.00 and continued paying $75.50 per month to fulfill the contract.
As time passed, the original Club members grew older. Never, younger members faced other commitments, The upkeep of the World War II building faltered and a storm damaged the building severely in 2012. It was scheduled for demolition as the Rubonia Women's Club planned for a replacement building.