Wig Wag Grade Crossing Signal, Model 11The Magnetic Signal Company, formed sometime after 1910, received its first patent, on May 19, 1914. The Los Angeles-based company mainly sold its crossing signals to western railroads, such as the Santa Fe and Union Pacific. Pacific Electric Railroad was the first railroad to use the wig wag signal. Griswold Signal Company purchased Magnetic Signal Company and moved the headquarters to Minneapolis and continued produce these signals and replacement parts into the 1960s. Very few original wig wag signals still operate m the United States.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||North American Railway Foundation|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, April 1st, 2017 at 1:01am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 551355 N 3949486|
|Decimal Degrees||35.68795000, -80.43241667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 41.277', W 80° 25.945'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 41' 16.62" N, 80° 25' 56.7" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||704, 336|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 320-398 NC-150, Spencer NC 28159, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|