Campeche Library Historical

Campeche Library Historical (HM1X3F)

Location: Campeche, Campeche 24000 Campeche
Country: Mexico

N 19° 50.8', W 90° 32.207'

  • 0 likes
  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
  • 68 views
Pictures
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Inscription
Biblioteca Campeche
Al instalarse los españoles en el año 1540 y nombrar Villa de San Francisco de Campeche a esta región, cambia la estructura gubernamental establecida por los mayas, así como su traza urbana.De esta manera los edificios que se erigían alrededor de la plaza serían los más relevantes para la población; el poder político, militar, religioso y
posteriormente comercial. En el interior de la muralla quedaron situados los principales poderes. Dentro los que destaca el anexo
en 1779 según el plano firmado por Agustín Crame, de la Casa del Ayuntamiento, o Casa del Cabildo, siendo el edificio de máximo poder político. Debido a los cambios políticos, Campeche Nuevo
Estado Independiente a partir de 1857, tiene que cambiar su estructura, por lo que el Palacio Municipal que era la autoridad máxima en la ciudad se modifica. Con el título de ciudad se hace necesario implantar
edificios en torno a la plaza, y en 1858 Campeche necesita de un Palacio de Gobierno para establecer allí el poder ejecutivo, quedando ubicado a la derecha del eje central. De esta forma, a partir de 1962 termina el ciclo de la ciudad colonial para dar paso a una modernista; se demuelen el Palacio Municipal, el Palacio de Gobierno y la Aduana Marítima.
Es durante el año 2000 que se inicia la reconstrucción
parcial del edificio con la intención de rescatar su estructura y recuperar parte del antiguo esplendor; esta se edifica en el costado norte de la plaza de la
independencia del centro histórico de la ciudad de Campeche, un inmueble con las mismas proporciones y dimensiones del que ocupó la casa de cabildo desde el siglo XVIll y en junio de 2003 el espacio se habilita como la Biblioteca Campeche. En 2014 se continúan los trabajos de recuperación del edificio hasta alcanzar sus dimensiones originales. English:Campeche LibraryUpon the settling of the Spaniards in 1540 and the naming of the region as Village of San Francisco de Campeche, the governmental structure established by
the Mayas changed, as did the urban layout. Thus, the buildings erected around the square were the most relevant for the people in terms of political military, religious and later, commercial power.
Within the walls were the main powers. Among those distinguished is the annex built in 1779 according to the plan signed by Agustín Crame, for the City Council or Town Hall, as the building of maximum political power. Due to political changes, as of 1857, the New Independent State of Campeche had to change its structure, and therefore the Municipal Palace which was the maximum authority in the city was modified. With the standing of 'city' it became
necessary to put buildings around the square and in 1858 Campeche needed a Governor's Palace to establish there the
executive power, which was ultimately located to the right of the center line. Hence, beginning in 1962, the colonial city cycle gave way to a modernistic cycle; the Municipal Palace, the Governor's Palace and the
Maritime Customs Office were all demolished. But in 2000, partial reconstruction was begun on the building with the aim of recovering its structure and part of the old splendor; this was built on the northern
side of Independence Square in the historic center of the city of Campeche, a building with the same proportions and dimensions as the one used as the town hall from the 18th century, and in June 2003 the
space was prepared for use as the Campeche Library. As of 2014 recovery work continues on the building to bring back the scope of its original dimensions.
Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Details
HM NumberHM1X3F
Series This marker is part of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization series
Tags
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Saturday, March 4th, 2017 at 1:01pm PST -08:00
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)15Q E 757975 N 2196397
Decimal Degrees19.84666667, -90.53678333
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 19° 50.8', W 90° 32.207'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds19° 50' 48" N, 90° 32' 12.42" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Which side of the road?Marker is on the right when traveling West
Closest Postal AddressAt or near 177 Calle 8, Campeche Campeche 24000, MX
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. This marker needs at least one picture.
  2. What historical period does the marker represent?
  3. What historical place does the marker represent?
  4. What type of marker is it?
  5. What class is the marker?
  6. What style is the marker?
  7. Does the marker have a number?
  8. What year was the marker erected?
  9. Who or what organization placed the marker?
  10. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  11. Is the marker in the median?