One of four Bavarian settlements in the Saginaw Valley was founded here in June 1850, with the arrival of two families and a pastor. Frankenhilf, which means "Help of the Franconians" remained the community name until it later was changed to Richville. The first home was built with a special large room which was dedicated August 17, 1850, and served as the first site for worship services. The home was located in the northwest corner of the site that is now the church cemetery. Having grown to 21 families, the parish erected a 36x25 log church and dedicated it on St. Michael and All Angels Sunday 1853. It's location is marked by a stone in the church cemetery. At this time the church name, St. Michael's, was adopted. By 1875, the community had grown to 35 families and a 75x40 frame church was erected and dedicated on St. Michael and All Angels Sunday of that year. This monument marks the location of this church which served the parish for 96 years. It was razed in 1971. The third St. Michael's church was occupied March 21, 1971 and was formally dedicated on St. Michael and All Angels Sunday September 26, 1971.Member of
The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
This memorial was erected by a grateful congregation to mark the site of Saint Michael's second church which served to the glory of God and upbuilding
of his kingdom from 1875 to 1971.
"Remember the days of old." Deuteronomy 32:7