The first land patent for land in the Village of Dundee, was issued to William Remington, from Livingston County, New York, on July 23, 1823. Riley Ingersoll, Dundee's first white settler, settled here in 1824. The settlement was named Dundee by Ebnezer Dustin, after Dundee, Scotland, his hometown.
Sybrant Van Nest, founder of Dundee, platted the village and recorded it on November 12, 1833. Dundee was incorporated in 1855 and reincorporated in 1871.
By 1832, the turnpike running through Dundee was laid out and a toll bridge of timber constructed over the river. By 1833, there were seven main roads leading to this point.
Here, in Memorial Park, a bandstand was built, as a memorial to the Veterans, and dedicated on September 30, 1913.