Dundee's first saw mill was built here in 1828, by Riley Ingersoll and Samuel and William Gale, on land acquired by William Remington, July 28, 1823. A brush and dirt dam was constructed across the River Raisin in 1827, by Riley Ingersoll and George Wilcox.
Sybrant Van Nest made it into a grist mill in 1832, and Alfred Wilkerson built the present three story mill about 1866.
Henry Ford restored and enlarged the mill in 1935, making Dundee's old mill the first of Ford's little factories.
Wolverine Fabricating & Manufacturing Company purchased the mill in 1954 and operated it until September 1970. On December 3, 1970, the Wolvering Company sold the mill and 13.8 acres of land to the Village of Dundee for $1.00, to be used and preserved for Dundee's future generations.