This clock was built by E. Howard of Boston in 1914. It was originally located in front of Burnett Brothers Jewelry Store on Market Street, San Francisco
The clock became nationally known after the San Francisco Preparedness Day Parade on July 22, 1916. During that parade, a bomb was set off, killing ten bystanders. Labor radicals Tom Mooney and Warren Billings were accused of the crime, although a photograph of the clock and Mooney showed that he was nowhere near the bombing. Despite this alibi, Mooney and Billings were convicted in a notorious trial that became a national cause celebre'. It was later revealed that evidence was tampered with and several prosecution witnesses lied. Mooney was pardoned in 1939 and Billings was pardoned in 1961.
In 1932, the clock was moved to Simon's Jewelers, 320 Georgia Street. When Simon's closed in 1984, the clock was purchased by the City of Vallejo, moved to 316 Georgia Street, overhauled, and restored. It is now leased and cared for by Brown's Jewelers.
This beautiful landmark was made possible by the generosity of Simon's Jewelers, Brown's Jewelers, the City of Vallejo and everyone who assisted in the restoration.