Organized in 1904 by the Rev. E. A. Oller, this was the second church established in Shamrock. Charter members included Martha Anderson, A. N. Holmes, Mrs. Kaffir, Mrs. Betty McGreggor, and J. M. Woodley. First meeting place was the local schoolhouse. In 1906, the congregation called its first regular pastor, the Rev. J. W. Slaton, and bought property for building at Sixth and Wall. The Sunday School was started and church structure completed in 1907.
In 1922, membership reached 248. On March 13 of that year, the original church building was struck by lightning and burned to the ground. After using a theater and the Methodist building, the Baptists bought this Main Street site, put up a temporary tabernacle, and completed a new church in 1926. A parsonage was built on the lot at Sixth and Wall. A third sanctuary was erected and dedicated in1973.
Pastors succeeding the Rev. J. W. Slaton have been the Revs. H.G. Finley, R.F. Hamilton, H.A. Goodwin, H.C. Slaughter, J. Wood, Arnspiger, James E. McClurkin, John R. Rice, C. A. Baxter, E. T. Smith, Vernie Pipes, E. C. Derr (two calls), Clifton Tennison, James O. Todd, J. Ed Byers, Meredith Wyatt, Jimmy Wilson, James Coffman, Murle Rogers, and Jim Scott.