Temple of the Ex-Convent of Santa Clara de Jesus Historical

Temple of the Ex-Convent of Santa Clara de Jesus Historical (HM1W5L)

Location: Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro 76000 Santiago de Querétaro
Country: Mexico

N 20° 35.52', W 100° 23.658'

  • 0 likes
  • 0 check ins
  • 0 favorites
  • 195 views
Pictures
Sorry, but we don't have a picture of this historical marker yet. If you have a picture, please share it with us. It's simple to do. 1) Become a member. 2) Adopt this historical marker listing. 3) Upload the picture.
Inscription
Templo del Ex-Convento de Santa Clara de Jesus
Fundación de 1607 patrocinada por el cacique otomí Diego de Tapia y su hija Luisa del Espíritu Santo. Este edificio lo habitaron las monjas claristas desde 1633 hasta la exclaustración de 1864.El templo fue construido por los indios. Se terminó en 1666 bajo la dirección del arquitecto José de Bayas Delgado. Los retablos actuales de la nave son del siglo XVIII, el de San Juan Nepomuceno es obra de los ensambladores Luis Ramos Franco y Pedro José de Rojas, los demás del arquitecto Francisco Martínez Gudiño, así como la fachada del coro y el púlpito. El altar mayor data de 1845. El convento sirvió de prisión a Josefa Ortiz de Domínguez en 1810. Desde 1921 el templo es sede de la Parroquia del Sagrado Corazón de Jesús. Santiago de Querétaro, 13 de enero de 2007IV Centenario de la Fundación. Mina Ramírez Montes, Niñas, doncellas, vírgenes eternas: Santa Clara de Querétaro (1607-1864). Mexico, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Instituto de Investigaciones Estéticas, 2005.
English translation:Temple of the Ex-Convent of Santa Clara de Jesus Its founding in 1607 was sponsored by the Otomí chief Diego de Tapia and his daughter Luisa del Espíritu Santo. This building was inhabited by Clarist
nuns from 1633 until the exclaustration of 1864. The temple was built by Indians. It was finished in 1666 under the direction of the architect José de Bayas Delgado. The current altarpieces of the nave are from the 18th century, the one of San Juan Nepomuceno is the work of Luis Ramos Franco and Pedro José de Rojas. The other altars are the work of architect Francisco Martínez Gudiño. He also built the facade of the choir and the pulpit . The main altar dates from 1845.The convent served as a prison for Josefa Ortiz de Domínguez in 1810. Since 1921 the temple is home to the Parish of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Santiago de Querétaro, January 13, 2007 IV Century of the Foundation. Mina Ramírez Montes, Girls, maidens and eternal virgins: Santa Clara de Querétaro (1607-1864). Mexico, National Autonomous University of Mexico, Institute of Aesthetic Research, 2005.
Check Ins  check in   |    all

Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.

Details
HM NumberHM1W5L
Tags
Year Placed2005
Marker ConditionNo reports yet
Date Added Thursday, December 8th, 2016 at 9:01am PST -08:00
Locationbig map
UTM (WGS84 Datum)14Q E 354691 N 2277616
Decimal Degrees20.59200000, -100.39430000
Degrees and Decimal MinutesN 20° 35.52', W 100° 23.658'
Degrees, Minutes and Seconds20° 35' 31.2" N, 100° 23' 39.48" W
Driving DirectionsGoogle Maps
Which side of the road?Marker is on the right when traveling West
Closest Postal AddressAt or near 42 Calle Francisco I. Madero, Santiago de Querétaro Querétaro 76000, MX
Alternative Maps Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap

Is this marker missing? Are the coordinates wrong? Do you have additional information that you would like to share with us? If so, check in.

Comments 0 comments

Maintenance Issues
  1. This marker needs at least one picture.
  2. Is this marker part of a series?
  3. What historical period does the marker represent?
  4. What historical place does the marker represent?
  5. What type of marker is it?
  6. What class is the marker?
  7. What style is the marker?
  8. Does the marker have a number?
  9. Who or what organization placed the marker?
  10. Can this marker be seen from the road?
  11. Is the marker in the median?