The U-10A, originally developed for the CIA, entered the Air Force inventory in 1958. With 231 square feet of wing surface area, and large flaps that covered three-fourths of the wing's trailing edge, this plane had superb Short Take-Off and Landing (STOL) capabilities. The Super Courier carried up to four passengers, and was used as counterinsurgency troop carriers, for psychological warfare operations, airborne relay station duty, and search and rescue. Modifications included a drop ramp, floats for water landings, and airborne speakers. This plane was assigned to Hurlburt Field from 1964 until its retirement in 1971. It was dedicated in the Air Park on 20 October 1973.