Text from the front side of the Monument:Ohio
Army of the
Text from the back side of the Monument:
Fifth Independent Company, Captain Gresham M. Barber; enrolled and mustered at Camp Cleveland, Ohio, December 5, 1862.
Sixth Independent Company, Lieutenant James H. Reed; enrolled and mustered at Camp Cleveland, December 30, 1862.
Seventh Independent Company, Captain Watson C. Squire; enrolled and mustered at Camp Cleveland, January 27, 1863.
During September 19, 1863, these companies were together at Crawfish Springs and the Widow Glenn's house.
On September 20, they were at the Widow Glenn's, and on the Crawfish Springs Road north of that point.