—330-332 East Mitchell —For the first thirty-five years this address was a drug store. It was first owned by Charles W. Fallass until 1928. John Lake was the next owner until 1935 when his business went into bankruptcy. At that time he took the paint and wallpaper part of the drug store business and moved it across the street. The Kroger Company then operated here until 1946. After WWII, Herman Feldman operated an Army Surplus store and then an Economy Store until 1961. Fay's Dress Shop followed, selling women's clothes here for the next fifteen years. First Community Bank acquired the site in 1993. FCB has had a long history in Northern Michigan. The Bank was established in Harbor Springs in 1905, initially as Emmet County State Bank and later as Harbor Springs State Bank. The Clarke family has owned the Bank since 1905 and five generations of the family have been involved in its management.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Little Traverse Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Tuesday, September 20th, 2016 at 9:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 660060 N 5026512|
|Decimal Degrees||45.37383333, -84.95583333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 45° 22.43', W 84° 57.35'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||45° 22' 25.8" N, 84° 57' 21" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 330 E Mitchell St, Petoskey MI 49770, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|