—318 East Lake Street —The first building on this site, known as the Lake Street House, was completed in 1877. Later it was called the Farmer's Home, catering to farmers and laborers. That building burned to the ground with three adjacent buildings in 1880. Renamed the National Hotel by Conrad Zoll, the present building was erected by a farmer, Francis X. Schluttenhofer, in 1881. From 1915 until 1949, J.F. and T.A. Bremmeyr operated here as the Franklin Hotel. A specialty gift shop called In The Woods was located here by Shirley Hill from the 1970s to 2001.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Little Traverse Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 18th, 2016 at 9:02pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 660003 N 5026624|
|Decimal Degrees||45.37485000, -84.95651667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 45° 22.491', W 84° 57.391'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||45° 22' 29.46" N, 84° 57' 23.46" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling East|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 316 E Lake St, Petoskey MI 49770, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|