Organized on September 11, 1896, this church began as a small Cumberland Presbyterian congregation in the town of Lawndale (about 2 mi. E of the original Mabank townsite; now within its city limits). Worship services were held in the Lawndale Schoolhouse.
In 1900, when the Texas and New Orleans Railroad was built through this area, the town of Mabank was created on the rail line. The citizens of Lawndale relocated to the new townsite. Baptists constructed the first church building in Mabank, which the Presbyterian congregation also used until 1903, when a frame sanctuary was completed under the leadership of the Rev. Newton P. Patterson. The name was changed to First Presbyterian Church, USA, of Mabank in 1904.
During the depression of the 1930s the church experienced a period of inactivity. By the 1940s, however, the congregation was reorganized. The construction of a nearby lake in the 1960s brought economic revitalization and increased population to the area. The membership of First Presbyterian Church grew as a result, and the congregation called its first full-time pastor in 1977. It continues to serve the community with a variety of programs.