Organized Nov. 5, 1871, by Elder J. B. Daniel, assisted by The Rev. A. D. Manion, missionary of East Fork Baptist Association. Nine charter members met in homes or other places until 1883, when the first small white frame church with steeple was erected. Ladies formed a Benevolent Society, 1885.
Second church was a classic brick structure, razed by fire on Dec. 18, 1937. The present building was dedicated March 24, 1944.
From the original nine, the congregation has grown to such size as to use a staff of four, including a bilingual pastor for its Latin-American mission.