The history of the Town of Kingsburg begins in the early 1870's when the Central Pacific Railroad ws built and the train stop was named "Kings River Switch." Later it was named Wheatville, then Kingsbury in 1874, and Kingsburgh in 1875. With its share of saloons, and bandits, it was considered one of the "toughest" towns to live in. Finally, on Decemeber 1, 1875, Josiah Draper and his friends finally established the first residence and named the town, Kingsburg. It was the influx and help from a diversity of cultures and religions, that the community of Kingsburg began to civilize itself. Finally on May 18, 1908 the Town of Kingsburg was officially incorporated.
Muralist - Collen Veyna Mitchell
Designed By - Maxine Olson
Assistant Painters - Josie Figueroa and Brice Veyna