Pioneer Church of Wyoming
—A National Historic Place —Finding "the wickedness unimaginable and appalling," the Rev. Joseph Cook organized St. Mark's Parish Jan. 27, 1868, in Cheyenne, Dakota Territory, then a railroad winter camp. The first church at 18th and Carey Avenue was dedicated in August 1868 and was the first church building erected and dedicated in Wyoming.
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.
|Placed By||Family and Friends of Ruth Beggs Parker|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, June 19th, 2016 at 11:39am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||13T E 515417 N 4553848|
|Decimal Degrees||41.13580000, -104.81630000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 8.148', W 104° 48.978'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 8' 8.88" N, 104° 48' 58.68" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||307, 712|
|Which side of the road?||Marker is on the right when traveling South|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 100-112 W 19th St, Cheyenne WY 82001, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|