In 1884 the 1st Brentwood Hotel was built on this site. It was an ornate two story wooden structure in the Victorian style of architecture, with wood sidewalks, columns and a 2nd floor balcony. It was destroyed by a fire set by a dismissed employee on November 29, 1903.
The 2nd Brentwood Hotel was built in 1913. It was a beautiful example of Spanish and Moorish design, with a wide inventory of elements, including earth tone plaster walls and arches, columns, pitched roof, paseos, corbels and kickers. The two story Hotel was demolished in July 1967.
The appearance of the new Chevron station on this site was the result of a collaborative effort of City Community Development staff, the Planning Commission, and Chevron, to reflect the image of the 2nd Brentwood Hotel through the use of many of the design elements of that earlier structure.