The Rev. Grant. L. Hayes, first Methodist circuit rider in this area, founded the Ivanhoe, Okla., church 3 miles to the north in 1902; the Stillwater Church, 6 miles east, in Texas in 1904. After Follett originated on the Santa Fe Railroad in 1917, the two congregations merged here. The Old Ivanhoe church bell, cast in Ohio in 1907, was relocated at the Follett building site in 1919, installed in first church tower in 1924, and brought as a link from the historic past to the modern church (built 1961) in 1976.