In 1908, Lindsborg presented a fertile time and place for the establishment of an English speaking Lutheran Church. Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church, located two blocks west, was organized on January 15, 1909.
Following an organizational meeting, arrangements were made to hold services temporarily on the campus of Bethany College. In June, 1908, Dr. E.F. Pihlblad, President of Bethany College, accepted a call to become the first Pastor of Messiah.
The Kansas Conference of the Augustana Lutheran Church entertained a request from the church council to permit Bethany College authorities to grant sufficient ground on the college campus for the construction of Messiah's future home.
Construction of Messiah Church began in February, 1911, with dedication on Sunday, October 19, 1912. The present structure includes a Fellowship Hall addition dedicated on May 26, 1996.
Come join us!