Mount Enon Missionary Baptist Church
Led by Rev.W.E. Jones, a small band of baptized believers came together for services in January 1925. They met regularly in a residence on Home Avenue and Hawthorne Streets, later moving to Summit Street. Becoming the Mount Enon Missionary Baptist Church (MEMBC), the congregation grew and purchased its first church on Germantown and Bank Streets in 1926, later moving to College Street and Mercer Avenue in 1947. The congregation purchased the former Euclid Street United Brethren Church in 1962. The MEMBC's motto is "Because WeCcare, We Share" and serves the community through its many social and educational programs.
Euclid Avenue United Brethren Church
The-Euclid Avenue United Brethren Church, later the Mount Enon Missionary Baptist Church, was erected at Third & Euclid Street in Dayton. Milton Wright, a bishop of the church, was present at the laying of the cornerstone on May 28, 1911. Bishop and Mrs. Susan (Koerner) Wright were the parents of Orville and Wilbur Wright and their siblings Reuchlin, Lorin, and Katherine. The church's congregation included Orville and Katherine Wright and other notable Daytonians such as local historian and former pastor Dr. Augustus W. Drury, food distributor and potato chip maker Daniel Mikesell, and Prof. Joseph P.
Landis of the Bonebrake Theological Seminary. The church played a role in offering aid during the disastrous flood of 1913.