Built circa 1770 by John Dickey of Ireland, via Albemarle County, Virginia. Original site located on Quinn's Road, Tryon, North Carolina. Now called Wilson Chapel Road, Bullock Creek Township, York County, South Carolina.
Home of Richard Sherer 1844-1888, and deeded to son Hugh Hicklin Sherer and wife Nancy Matilda Whitesides in 1886. Members of this family continued to live within until circa 1918.
This old home is conveyed to the People of South Carolina through the generosity of owner, Mrs. Ruth Duncan Latham, and the descendants of Richard Sherer, and wife Jane Miller on this the 18th day of September, 1988.