Founded 1784 by Rev. David Rice. Early elders of the church: Thomas Maxwell, Alexander Henderson, James Woods, Samuel Woods, Robert Brank, George Denny, Robert Henry. First located in Paint Lick Cemetery. Second building erected circa 1830 on present site. During Civil War several skirmishes here; membership split. Present building was erected, 1875; church reunited.
In this cemetery are soldiers from Revolutionary and Civil wars. There are eight Revolutionary soldiers, including Thos. Kennedy, John Slavin, John Courtney, Robert Brank, Walter Burnside, William Miller, Humphrey Bates, and John Provine. The last was a charter member of Paint Lick Presbyterian Church, and his is oldest marked grave in cemetery, 1792.