San Diego Naval Training Center
— Liberty Station —Built in 1941, The Command Center was the focal point of the base. These were offices for the highest-ranking officers, including the Admiral in Command of the Center; the Station Commander, a Captain in charge of the buildings; the Recruit Training Commander, a Captain in charge of the recruits; the Service School Commander, a Captain in charge of the Advanced Schools, and the Master Chief of the Command, who was a senior enlisted advisor to the Admiral. In addition to offices, conference rooms in the Command Center hosted meetings with visiting dignitaries.
The Corky McMillin Companies is proud to preserve the history of NTC
|Placed By||Corky McMillin Companies|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 14th, 2014 at 11:07am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 479945 N 3622266|
|Decimal Degrees||32.73803333, -117.21405000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 44.282', W 117° 12.843'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 44' 16.92" N, 117° 12' 50.58" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2581-2669 Mayo Pl, San Diego CA 92106, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.