This farmhouse was built about 1895 on Galveston Bay in Kemah by Clarence Roberts and his mother, Susan Lamb Roberts, both of whom had moved to Texas from Minnesota.
The 1900 storm blew the house off its foundation after which it was moved about a mile northwest (near the intersection of Hwy. 146 and FM 518) using logs and mules.
Susan Lamb Roberts's daughter and son-in-law, Addie Roberts Weekes and John Ellsworth Weeks, moved into the house at its new location. John Weekes died in 1916 and Addie Weeks died in 1919. Addie willed the house to her daughter, Isabel Natalie Weekes Hanson, wife of Everett Andrew Hanson, Sr.
Everett Andrew Hanson, Jr., a great-grandson of Susan Roberts, inherited the house when his mother died in 1978. He and his wife, Ruth Yeager Hanson, donated it to Armand Bayou Nature Center (ABNC) in 1982 to replace the original farmhouse on the Martyn Farm (a part of the ABNC) which had been destroyed by vandals. The house was moved by truck and barge from Kemah to the ABNC.