May 25, 1864. Maj. Gen P. R. Cleburne's div. marched with Hardee's A.C. [CS] from New Hope Church May 24th, to Power Springs.
These troops, the left flank of Johnson's Army, marched S.E. to find the position of the Federals known to be near Dallas. Recalled from Powder Springs, the corps counter-marched at 3 a.m., May 25th.
Enroute back toward Dallas, Cleburne's div detoured N. from the Henry Lester house & camped at Darby's until dark, when it was ordered to New Hope Ch. where Hood's A.C. [CS] had been fighting the 20th A.C. [US] that P.M.